Prerequisite: COMM 335 or equivalent. Note: Students who previously took COMM 461 - Advanced Video Communication should not take this course. Study of advanced principles of video production including producing, directing, shooting and non-linear editing, along with concepts and theories of aesthetics and video as a communication form.
- Operate Adobe Premiere with proficiency;
- Operate cameras, microphones and other audio-visual equipment with proficiency
- SONY HDV Camera
- Nikon D750 DSLR Cameras
- Write scripts and prepare essential preproduction materials;
- Understand and operate remote television equipment in field settings;
- Understand aesthetic principles of lighting design, camera movement, graphic production and editing;
- Function as a director, a camera operator, an audio operator, talent or a producer;
- Produce and direct television programs;
- Carefully evaluate and critique videos.