Communication 305 - Introduction to Mass Communication
Survey of media institutions and effects.
- Become informed and critical users of mass media
- Develop an understanding of the historical evolution of each medium from books to newspapers to radio to television to the internet
- Understand the theoretical foundations of mass communication research
- Develop and nurture a cultural approach to the study of mass communication
- Understand how technology and economics have changed the formats and impacts of the mass media in contemporary societies