Prerequisite: COMM 201. Introduction to basic research methods of the communication discipline. Examines the relationships among theory and methods, research design, and measurement in communication contexts.
- Understand the predominant quantitative and qualitative research designs and methods used by communication scholars
- Understand deductive and inductive analytical processes
- Understand basic research procedures and techniques
- Understand basic statistical concepts
- Be better consumers of communication research literature encountered in other communication classes