The Department of Communication is part of the College of Arts & Sciences, which is the largest college in the university. The Department is located in Strickler Hall on Belknap Campus next to the Planetarium.
The Department graduates more students each year than any other department in the University.
- The Department was started in 1984 when Charlie Willard was hired as Chair.
- Has over 900 majors and over 100 minors.
- Supports twenty-four full-time faculty with eighteen of those on tenure track lines
- Excels in teaching with several faculty winning teaching awards, both locally and nationally
- Produces substantial amount of scholarship published in books, journals, and other venues.