Panamá Study Abroad Program
A joint program sponsored by Latin American and Latino Studies, Department of Political Science, and Department of Communication. 2023 will be the 18th time we have done this trip!
To sign up or put your name on a contact list go to this link
For complete information on all of U of L Study Abroad programs, check out this link.
Items You MUST turn in ASAP
- photocopy of your current passport
- health clearance form
- NO immunizations or vaccinations required for this trip, but we do recommend updating your flu and tetanus shots if you haven’t already.
- Apply for this trip at this link.
These can be dropped off to the main Department of Communication office located in 310 Strickler Hall. Just tell the student assistant at the front desk that you are leaving the documents for Katie Gibson.
As U of L students you can use the student health services patient-care office at Campus Health Services:
215 Central Avenue, Ste. 110, Louisville, KY. 40208.
May 8 to May 27
Wednesday March 1, 2023 from 3:00-4:30 in Strickler 107.
- learn details about the program
- ask questions
- fill out travel forms
- get information about the first two classes held May 1st and 2nd
- Everyone takes Panamanian Culture Class (LALS 313 for undergraduate students, ML 551 for graduate students)
- Everyone takes a second course: Communication 350 or Political Science 399
- Students are enrolled in classes at the beginning of March
- Bursar’s Office bills everyone $3750 which must be paid in full prior to leaving for Panama.
Any questions about payments or enrollment, contact Al Futrell email@example.com