Communication 201 -- SB
Introduction to basic concepts of the communication discipline. Focuses on communication processes in interpersonal, intercultural, small groups, organizations, and mass media.
- Communicate an understanding of how knowledge about communication is established and how and why it changes over time.
- Evaluate evidence and apply it to solving problems through communication research methods.
- Communicate an understanding of a body of knowledge from a communication disciplinary perspective.
- Recognize the contribution of the field of communication to the social sciences.
- Identify a variety of communication styles that are sensitive to the needs and interests of diverse groups of people.
- Develop strategies for thinking about and engaging in communication based upon innovative theories and perspectives.