Prerequisite: COMM 201. Studies communication processes in group settings; emphasizes empirical research findings in leadership, interpersonal bargaining, and problems of group problem-solving.
- Identify communication patterns, norms, and roles as they develop and change within a group's structure.
- Choose among a greater range of roles, communication methods, and strategies in effectively and equitably achieving personal and group goals.
- Identify and implement ethical and appropriate approaches in the group decision-making process.
- Recognize the ways in which larger issues, such as new communication technologies, diversity, and democracy influence small group processes.
- Effectively observe, analyze and evaluate small group interaction.